Pronounced as ‘tra-khana‘ this is a Greek breakfast cereal I had during my trip to Greece 3 months back. I loved it so much so that i picked up few packets of it for my Indian kitchen back home… and I absolutely love it . Thanks Kay for teaching me how to make it!
Tarhana – 3/4 cups
Water – 2 cups
Dry red chili – 1-2 nos.
Salt to taste
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Feta Cheese – to your liking!
- In a thick bottom vessel heat oil and add the red chillies and fry for 4-5 seconds
- Add tarhana and water and stir.
- Cook on medium heat and keep stirring in between
- Add salt and cook till the water almost disappears and the cereal cooked
- Serve hot with feta cheese sprinkled over
- Optionally you can drizzles a spoonful of olive oil along with feta cheese
Till next time….happy cooking!
Meet Kay…a retired Librarian, enthusiastic and adventurous, warm and gentle and a lovely person