This one is a very simple recipe. Just combine everything together and roll out!
Recently, I heard a friend mentioning, how her parathas don’t turn out well. How I do it is – I heat my pan real hot while I roll out the paratha.. Add the rolled out dough, to the hot pan, and simmer the gas. Increase the heat as I flip it over. Repeat the flip, while keeping the flame constant. I add the ghee / oil second time around (flip).
If you do it differently, do leave it as a feedback Meanwhile, here’s a paratha recipe using 3 different flours…
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Maize flour – 1 cup
Gram flour – 1 cup (besan)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Green chili – 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander – 1 and half tbsp
Ginger – 1 tsp (minced)
Onions – 1 medium ( finely chopped)
Clarified butter – 2 tbsp (ghee)
- Mix all the above ingredients by adding water little by little
- You should have a hard ball of dough. (do not add too much water)
- Make balls of dough of equal proportions
- Roll them out thick with the help of wheat flour (for dusting)
- Fry them on a hot pan both sides twice. Apply ghee on your second time flip.
- Serve hot with mint chutney / pickle / plain yogurt / dal
*if the pan is too hot simmer the gas
* instead of onions, you can add chopped spinach / fenugreek leaves
Till next time…. happy cooking!