Ripe, juicy, yellow like sunshine mangoes, I love eating them i all forms; favorite form being the fruit as it is. But sometime I indulge myself with mango shakes and puddings. Here is one very easy recipe for you to try..
Ripe Mango – 1 (large)
Fresh cream – 200 ml
Gelatine – 2-3 teaspoons
Sugar – to taste
- Soak gelatine in 1 tablespoon of cold water, then heat it up either on the stove or in a microwave for 30 seconds till it dissolves
- Puree the mango
- Whip the cream till fluffy
- Combine the pureed mango, cream and gelatine and mix well. Gelatine should be combined well (without lumps)
- Set in the refrigerator for minimum 4 hrs or keep it overnight
- Serve with cut ripe mango cubes
To cut the sweetness of the pudding, I drizzled some frozen cranberry coulis over the top and the combination really worked. You can use fresh strawberries, blueberries, cherries or any acidic fruit as a topping.
I think this pudding will also go well with chopped nuts like cashew, almonds, pistachio or a slice of rich chocolate cake slice!