Most of the people I know are crazy about Liver curry so I thought that it might be a good idea to share its recipe on Akshayapatram!
Lamb’s liver – 500 gms (membrane removed, washed,drained and cut into cubes)
Shallots (small onion) – 10 nos (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Cloves – 3-4 nos
Coconut oil or any cooking oil – 1 and ½ tbsp
Salt to taste
For curry masala, grind to a fine paste the following
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Cumin (jeera) – 1 tsp
White vinegar – 1 and ½ tbsp
Water (as required to make this thick paste)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry shallots, ginger and cloves till shallots turn brown
- Add liver, salt and the ground masala curry paste and mix well
- Add just about a little water and stir. Cook over slow flame till liver is tender and gravy thickens
- Garnish with onion rings and chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Serve with rice, chappati, Kerala porotta or plain bread from you bakery!
Till next time…happy cooking!