Like my mom few of you will find this dish a bit bland…I somehow liked it when I had this at my aunt’s place…though my aunt doesn’t eat onions I have used it…Onions give a nice touch to it )…… It tastes quite good with idiyappam …which I normally used to have with Vegetable Stew or Egg Curry…this dal recipe is a welcome variation to the combo !! and its unbelievably simple!
Chana dal – 1 cup ( dried split chickpeas)
Green Chilli – 1 to 2 nos (Split lengthwise)
Onion – 1 no (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 3 to 4
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the chana dal along with green chillies
- Remove the chilli from the cooked dal
- In a small pan fry curry leaves and chopped onions till golden brown and add to the dal
- Add coconut milk and salt
- Serve hot with idiyappams or rice
till next time…happy cooking!