I made this cake for my husband’s birthday an year back and everybody had good good things to say
Chocolate sponge cake
Tinned canned cherries and syrup – ½ portion
Fresh whipped cream – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Grated dark or plain chocolate
- Beat the cream over a tray of ice cubes with a hand beater. Do not over beat. It should form soft peaks. Fold in the sugar and vanilla essence. Mix gently.
- Put some icing in a icing cone leave the rest in the bowl. Refrigerate both
- Slice the cake into two halves.
- Fill cherry syrup in a sprayer and spray evenly on each half. Allow to soak for 10 minutes
- Spread the cream icing on lower half and cover it nicely
- Place the cherries on the cream and place the other half of the cake on top
- Decorate your cake using icing cone
- Decorate with cherries
- Sprinkle chocolate flakes all over the cake